Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to School is Here

Apparently I’m not very good at keeping up with this blogging thing. I seem to be full of wit when I don’t need to write anything down (in my mind, anyway), but now that I have this blog, I don’t know how to fill it. I’m also not convinced anyone is even reading it so, for now, I’m going to treat it like a sort of online diary for myself.

Dave ran his half marathon on Monday. I am extremely proud of him. I know it wasn’t an easy thing to do. He had to do his training runs either at the crack of dawn or in the blistering heat that comes late in the day. In case you’re not aware, a half marathon is 21K. Holy crap. I don’t like to drive 21K, let alone run it. Way to go Dave. I know you’re hobbling around right now, but not many people can say they’ve done what you’ve done.

The girls both started school yesterday. Being the neglectful mother that I am I did not take a single photo. Meredith started middle school and I wasn’t even able to record the moment. Perhaps I’ll fake it on Friday and take photos on the front porch and pretend they are Back to School photos. The both seemed to enjoy themselves. Meredith informed me that lockers are indeed “all that they are cracked up to be.” I think she likes it. I think she also really likes walking home with her friends instead of her mother and her little sister. And walking to school by herself. Isobel is in a split class and there are barely any girls. She says it is too noisy. Other than that I think she likes it.

I have managed to get out of bed before 7am which is a huge accomplishment for me. Other than that, so far, I am working on getting all those things done that I have neglected over the summer. I’m hoping to be able to start having some fun next week. Maybe I’ll even manage to come up with some fascinating blog entries. Wouldn’t that be great? Perhaps I’ll even branch out and come up with a Scrapbooking blog too.

No comments: