Sunday, November 23, 2008

Crafts? Apparently Not Today

Today I tried to make this advent calendar. Why does it look so easy here? I will admit I’ve been procrastinating painting all those little boxes. I had no trouble shopping for the stuff to go inside them, but painting them was another story. I got the boxes out today and figured I’d just do it. Well, it quickly became obvious the boxes were going to need at least 2 coats of paint (maybe more). Plus, those little boxes are not easy to paint. I did half of one and had paint all over my hands. So, I quit. I put the paint away, threw all the boxes in the garbage and asked Dave to pick up 2 lovely Cadbury Advent Calendars while he was out. Am I a quitter? Hell, yes. Especially when I have so many other things to do that are so much more enjoyable.

Next, I decided Meredith and I would make a button tree. I’ve been searching for weeks for more Christmas coloured buttons but decided I would just use up my stash and see how it went. Here’s our tree:





Can you believe there are 200 buttons and pins on that? And it’s not even close to being done! I do have a few more buttons to put on (we ran out of pins), but I think I’ll have to put it away and hope I manage to collect some more buttons between now and next Christmas.

Today is just not my day for crafting. I’m going to finish my book now.

No comments: