Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday Thirteen

My friend Barb does the Thursday Thirteen most weeks and in my new found desire to blog more I thought I’d try it. If you’d like to participate, go here.

This is a list of 13 things that are on my Never Ending To Do List right now (in no particular order). Most of them have been there for some time.

1. Paint all the hallways in the house. It’s been a few years since we did this last and I’m starting to be quite annoyed by the gouges, scratches and little fingerprints that just won’t wash away.

2. Replace the pot lights in the kitchen and paint the ceiling. We have just recently evicted our little squirrel friend who decided to make our ceiling its home and munch away on the wires for our pot lights. We are left with a patchy ceiling and lights that no longer sit nicely in their holes. Plus one light works some days, but not on others.

3. Tile the backsplash in the kitchen. It can’t be that hard, can it? I know Home Depot offers seminars on various DIY projects for women. I’m hoping to take one of those.

4. Go on a hike with the girls and Dave. This one isn’t actually on my To Do list but I really want to do it.

5. Finish the half completed albums in my drawer. I’ve got an "All About Me" album, one from our trip in 2001 to St. Petersburg Florida, and both of the girl’s school albums which have not been updated since Grade 3 and JK. They are in Grade 7 and Grade 3 now.

6. Order and do pages from Donna Downey. I love the fabric, dimension and colours in her kits. Just yummy.

7. Try my hand at a mosaic page. I’ve carefully collected all the required supplies. Now I just have to do it. You can see some examples here.

8. Rip all my CD’s onto my computer so I can play them through iTunes and on my iPod. I’m going to need to get myself an EHD before I can accomplish this one. My computer is getting quite full.

9. Steam clean the carpets. It’s gotta be done.

10. Catch up on my Project 365 pages and all the digi pages I’ve got planned out and ready to go. I think I need more hours in the day.

11. Get to the LCBO to stock up on wine for the Holiday Season. You just never know when you’ll need to go somewhere and bring a bottle with you, or when someone might drop by for a Christmas drink. Right now, we are totally out of wine, so don’t drop by for a drink. We’d have to pull out the hard stuff.

12. Clean the stovetop. I did some serious ‘boiling over’ yesterday and haven’t managed to clean it yet.

13. Paint the door to the basement. We have a french door at the bottom of the basement stairs that opens up into the playroom. About 3 years ago I carefully taped each and every window in the door so I could paint it. I don’t know what happened but I never got around to it and I notice the tape is all gone. I guess I’ll have to start all over.…


Well, that’s my 13. Most of these have been on my list a long long time. I’m skeptical I’ll ever get all of them done. I was going to say if I won the lottery, I’d have the time to do them but quite frankly if I won the lottery, I think I’d pay someone to do most of them.

3 comments:

Tracie Nall said...

Welcome to T13!! Great list. I think that tiling a backsplash shouldn't be that hard, but on HGTV Design Star they always run into problems with it, of course as long as you aren't trying to get it done in two hours with five annoying people who all want to see you loose making you miserable while you are doing it, I think you will be okay!

Those mosaic pages are awesome...and they remind me of all of the scrapbooking projects that I have been procrastinating about.....I think that your to do list just added to my to do list.

Happy TT!

Donna said...

Great way to use TT to keep focused! Welcome!

Posted mine here:
http://donnainhouston.blogspot.com/2009/10/thursday-thirteen-completely-tardy.html

Barbara said...

You're back!! Yay! LOL!
It sounds like you're going to be one busy girl. I'd like to do a tile backsplash too. First we need to replace the countertop so I may not be getting to that anytime soon.