Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Finish It Challenge


Hey! Look at me. Two challenges in a week? What is going on?

I'm really enjoying these challenges. I've always been hesitant to participate because I didn't feel like I had the time or I didn't feel like finding a project to fit the challenge, but it's really working for me right now. Too often, I don't give myself permission to scrapbook because there's laundry to do or errands to run. But when it's for a challenge, I make myself do it.

Over on the Scrapbook Nerds Forum a challenge was posted to finish off a project that's been laying around. I pulled a page out of a magazine and had this layout ready to go before I even took the pictures. And then I stalled. It was a messy page with mist and paint and a stencil cut from vinyl on my Silhouette. I'm a lazy scrapper and it just seemed like so much work.

Well, I got it done and it didn't take nearly as long as I thought.

(Also, I figured out how to scan a paper page and stitch it together - another thing I've been putting off!)

Before
(these supplies have been gathered for over 1.5 years)


After
Much better!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this layout and all the mist & paint. I need to learn how to stitch things from my scanner to. It's on my to do list.